I’ve saved the best recipe last – NAMI NUTELLA!
THE ‘NAMI NUTELLA’ aka chocolate hazelnut spread
And there’s no palm oil at sight with this homemade spread – but I’m not going to lie, it’s definitely not healthy with all the sugar and chocolate! But it’s so good!
This one is quite easy and only takes like an hour all in all. This recipe made me four 1,3dl jars.
- 150g hazelnuts
- 200g dark chocolate (the more cocoa, the better)
- 2 dl condensed sweetened milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of any kind of dessert suited oil (I used orange infused olive oil)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of hot water
- sprinkle of salt
You’ll also need
- a baking tray
- parchment paper
- food processor (blender might work too)
- kitchen towel
- small kettle
- wooden spoon
- small glass jars
- Warm up your oven to 180C. Line your baking tray with a parchment paper and spread out the hazelnuts evenly. Get the food processor ready with for chopping.
- When the oven is ready, roast the nuts about 10-15 minutes in the oven.
- While your nuts are roasting, measure the condensed milk, chocolate and oil into a small kettle. Break the chocolate down so it melts more easily.
- Take your nuts out and let cool for a minute. Then place them onto a kitchen towel, fold them in and then roll the nuts around with your palm. This will remove most of the thin skin they have on them. (If you can find peeled hazelnuts, you can use them but bake them only half of the time.)
- Place the peeled hazelnuts into a food processor and run until smooth. This will take few minutes. Don’t worry about the peels, they will blend in fine.
- Next, put your kettle on the stove on a low temperature and let all melt down while stirring it constantly. This way you don’t burn it so easily.
- When you have a chocolate-y mixture, pour it all into the food processor and run again until smooth. Add water and run until you get the texture of a spread you want.
- Once you are satisfied with the texture, spoon the spread into a small glass jars (disinfected and pre-heated) and close the lids.
- Let cool until room temperature, add labels and then refrigerate until it’s time to gift them away!
Store the spread in a fridge and use within 2 weeks. If you gift these away, add a label with a used by date so the giftee will know when it goes bad. Pair this nutella with something suitable to eat with (like toast :D) or a something else lovely. I’ve listed few ideas below!
DIAMANTE – small zip pouch16,00€ inc. 24% VAT Add to basket
DISCO – small zip pouch HOLOGRAPHIC SILVER16,00€ inc. 24% VAT Add to basket
Gift Card10,00€ – 50,00€ inc. 24% VAT Select options
Gold Lust – 5 panel cap BLACK
46,00€inc. 24% VAT Add to basket
MACCHERONI! – Tote BLACK18,00€ inc. 24% VAT Add to basket
Rainbow Love -glitter pastel rainbow earrings with BLACK tassels25,00€ inc. 24% VAT Add to basket
Sad Little Ghostie -beanie, PURPLE
25,00€inc. 24% VAT Add to basket
Questions? Comments? Let me know below!
This is part twentyone of the 24 days of LumiWAU Xmas, which includes all kinds of christmassy diy tutorials, gift ideas for the unicorns and some super sweet deals and giveaways. Come back tomorrow noonish and you’ll find treat nro 22!